The Analyst provides support for Investment Professionals on all aspects of deal origination, execution and portfolio company management. From day one, the candidate will benefit from close involvement in the identification, sourcing, evaluation and execution of investment opportunities. Furthermore, the Analyst will contribute to the development and implementation of value creation strategies for portfolio companies as well as to successful exits. The candidate will work primarily with the Germany based team, but there will also be an opportunity to gain meaningful exposure in working with colleagues in other international offices.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Spearhead research of industries and companies to identify, source and evaluate target targets and market niches that match the firm’s investment criteria;
- Prepare initial screening memoranda for new investment opportunities for the firm’s investment committees;
- Support creation of financial models, management of due diligence processes and preparation of investment memoranda for the firm’s investment committees;
- Participating in company visits and management presentations;
- Lead interviews and discussions with industry experts to help identify companies and analyze industry trends and market niches that meet the firm’s investment criteria and be able to present and discuss findings and perspectives;
- Perform any associated financial analysis, industry, competitor, and company research required;
- Attend presentations/meetings/trade shows/conventions to assist in analyzing industry trends and sourcing opportunities.
Sought candidate profile
The successful candidate should have up to 2 years of experience gained at a top-tier investment bank, strategy consultancy, Big4 firm (FDD / CDD) or private equity fund (including recent graduates with significant relevant internship experience) – internship experience included. In addition, strong numerical skills, excellent research skills, accuracy, and attention to detail are required. An analytical and commercially driven mindset – the ability to understand market trends and their impact on a company’s strategy and business model is a must. The successful candidate will be collaborative, have a strong work ethic and will be self-confident, possessing the gravitas to present well to all levels of management both internal and external. Also, strong academics from a well reputed university is needed.